The MV Hospital Emergency Department provides medical care to all, without regard to ability to pay. Our full-time emergency department staff is board certified in emergency medicine. We’re committed to delivering care in a timely manner. If a patient requires clinical care not available here, our experienced, highly trained staff will initiate care, communicate diagnosis and medical status to the appropriate hospital off-Island and prepare the patient for transfer by ground or air transportation.
The Emergency Department Offers:
- Dedicated Fast-track triage for patients with less critical illness or injuries during our peak season (June – September 1)
- Private patient triage area
- State-of-the-art monitoring and imaging equipment
- Emergency stroke care as a Certified Stroke Center
(For more information about our certification as a Stroke Center, and how to recognize the signs of stroke click here.)
- Tele-radiology services 24 hours a day/365 days a year with our affiliate Massachusetts General Hospital
- Prompt and reliable consultation with specialists at our affiliate Massachusetts General Hospital
- For MVH physician(s) in this specialty click here.
- To view or download the ER Brochure in English, click here.
- To view or download the ER Brochure in Portuguese, click here.
Emergency Department: 1-508-957-0113