Your medical record is confidential. It may not be released without your written consent or that of your authorized representative. It contains:
- The information you gave the Patient Registration Office.
- Reports of all work performed and all medications you received.
- Documentation from doctors, nurses and allied health professionals.
To get a copy of your medical record, call the Medical Records Department and ask for a patient Authorization Form, which you should fill in with following information:
- Your full name at the time of treatment
- Date of birth
- Date(s) of treatment
- The name and address of the person or facility to which disclosure if to be made
- The kind and amount of information to be disclosed; for instance, “a summary of my hospitalization”
- The purpose of the disclosure; for instance, “Continuing Care” or “Insurance”
- Your signature
- Date of consent
Usually you may expect a response within about two weeks unless your request is medically urgent. For urgent requests please allow 48 hours preparation time.
You may revoke your consent for the release of records at any time, unless the facility had already sent the forms under your consent. You may also specify a time frame for the disclosure. After that time, your consent becomes automatically invalid.
There is a fee to cover our costs for this service. This fee will be waived if the records are being sent directly to a new physician and/or another healthcare facility.
MV Hospital Medical Records Department: 1-508-957-9832
Open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.